Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Amsterdam, and a trip to Brussels

Yesterday we got up late and got on a train to Brussels. At first we planned on taking a train from Brussels to Bruges, but it was around 3pm by the time we got to Brussels and we didn't want to lose more time to trains, so we spent the day there. At first we wandered the area around the central station and I got sandwiches at the only food place I've ever been to that didn't seem to have food; I'm fairly sure I got the last two pieces of bread and they seemed to be telling me the only meat they had left was chicken. After that we made our way toward a tall pointy building and found the touristy area. Apparently Belgian things are all sweet, we had belgian waffles and belgian chocolates. We also saw a fountain of a naked peeing boy dressed up to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ukraine becoming independent, so that's interesting I guess. We didn't really research what we would see in Brussels, so we saw things and didn't know what they were; like a gold-colored statue of a possibly dead man built into a door that everyone wanted to touch, that one perplexed us a bit.

Godamnti...70% of my post just got lost because I got unconnected to the internet and the auto-save feature wasn't working...then I tried to post and it all got deleted.

So...in summation, as I explained in the lost post, I'm in a hurry. So goodbye..

1 comment: